Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Custom AKOO Yamaha R1






























Presented at the Magic International Trade Show in Las Vegas, this customized Yamaha YZF-R1 is a collaboration between American rapper T.I. AKOO’s clothing brand and custom sportbike designer and builder Rob Uecker of Voodoo Industries.

Dubbed the AKOO YZF-R1, the bike sports a wooden veneer paint job mixed with what looks like Alcantara or suede on the side and bikini fairings and saddle and mounts a massive Avon 300mm custom rear tire, a unique single swingarm built by C&S Customs and RC Components Czar Eclipse custom wheels.

“What makes this Yamaha R1 so unique is the unusual mixture of textures and materials,” stated Uecker. “When I look at the AKOO brand I see classic, rugged American styling. But I know T.I. is a serious rider, so it was important to me to accentuate the R1’s aggressive street stature. I worked closely with the AKOO design team to translate those aesthetics onto the Yamaha canvas, and the result is the best sportbike I have ever built.”